Category 1

Derrick Henry praises rookie Adam Randall's work ethic

One of the biggest advantages for young running backs entering theRavensorganization is the opportunity to learn directly from Derrick Henry every day. And based on Henry's comments during OTA media availability, rookie Adam Randall appears to be making a strong early impression.

USA TODAY

Henry talked about Randall's physical traits, but what stood out most was the praise for the rookie's mentality and approach to work. That's usually the fastest way for young players to earn respect in a veteran locker room.

Advertisement

The Ravens don't need rookies trying to do too much in May. Coaches mainly want consistency, effort, and a willingness to learn. Speaking to reporters during OTAs, Henry said:

“I think he's a heck of a player, and since he's [arrived] here, he’s just been working, keeping his head down, working each and every day, wanting to learn and just wanting to get better. And that's all you want as a rookie. And I'm always going to be here to help him in any way I can.”

That mentorship could become extremely valuable for Randall moving forward. There may not be a better player for a young running back to learn from than Derrick Henry.

This article originally appeared on Ravens Wire:Derrick Henry on rookie Adam Randall 'He's a heck of a player'

Derrick Henry praises rookie Adam Randall's work ethic

One of the biggest advantages for young running backs entering theRavensorganization is the opportunity to learn directly from Derrick ...
Residents of Lithuania's capital told to shelter as drone alarm underlines NATO's eastern jitters

VILNIUS, Lithuania (AP) — Residents of Vilnius were told to take shelter and Lithuania's president and prime minister were taken to safe locations on Wednesday because of an alarm over drone activity near the border with Belarus, underlining jitters on NATO's eastern fringe over incursions related toRussia's war with Ukraine.

Associated Press The phone shows the received message The phone shows the received message

Lithuania Drone Alert

An emergency announcement from the military told people in the Vilnius region to “immediately head to a shelter or a safe place.”

The alert, which lasted for about an hour, also led to the closure of the airspace over Vilnius Airport. President Gitanas Nauseda and Prime Minister Inga Ruginiene were taken to shelters, and there was also an evacuation order at Lithuania's parliament, the Seimas, the BNS news agency reported.

It was the first major alert that sent residents and political leaders in a European Union and NATO capital rushing to shelters since Russia’s full-scale invasion of Ukraine in February 2022.

Advertisement

Lithuania, a member of NATO and the European Union, borders Russia-allied Belarus to the east and Russia's Kaliningrad exclave to the west. Wednesday's alert came after the military said it detected drone activity in Belarus, but no drones were sighted over Lithuania.

In recent months,Ukrainian drones aimed at Russiahave crossed or come down in NATO territory on numerous occasions. Western officials have blamed what they say is likely Russian electronic jamming of the drones. Russia, meanwhile, has renewed threats that it would retaliate if Ukrainian drones are launched from Baltic countries or if those countries are complicit in their use against Russia.

On Tuesday evening, Lithuanian Foreign Minister Kęstutis Budrys wrote on social media that “Russia is deliberately redirecting Ukrainian drones into Baltic airspace while waging smear campaigns” against Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia. “It’s a transparent act of desperation — an attempt to sow chaos and distract from a simple reality: (Ukraine) is hitting Russian military machine hard.”

Budrys' comment came hours after a NATO jetshot down a Ukrainian droneover southern Estonia. Ukraine apologized for that “unintended incident,” without specifying what had happened.

Last week,Latvia’s government collapsedfollowing an argument over the handling of multiple incidents involving stray drones suspected to be from Ukraine. The defense minister was forced to quit after his party withdrew its support for him, and the prime minister then resigned. The governing coalition had been under strain for months over several other issues.

Residents of Lithuania's capital told to shelter as drone alarm underlines NATO's eastern jitters

VILNIUS, Lithuania (AP) — Residents of Vilnius were told to take shelter and Lithuania's president and prime minister were taken to...
StanChart CEO seeks to reassure staff over AI-linked job cuts

HONG KONG, May 20 (Reuters) - Standard Chartered CEO Bill Winters sought to assuage staff concerns on Wednesday, a day ‌after saying that the bank will cut thousands of ‌jobs over the next four years as it moves to replace "lower-value human capital" ​with technology.

Reuters

"Many of you will have seen media coverage following the Investor Event in Hong Kong, particularly the reporting around automation, AI, and workforce changes," Winters said in a memo to the bank's ‌staff reviewed by Reuters.

"I ⁠know this may be unsettling when reduced to simple headlines or a quote out of context," he ⁠said.

A spokesperson for the bank confirmed the memo's content.

StanChart said on Tuesday it would cut 15% of its corporate function roles by 2030, ​which, ​according to a Reuters calculation, would ​result in nearly 8,000 ‌redundancies out of its more than 52,000 staff in such roles.

Advertisement

The bank cited AI as a driver to slim its operations in its quest to increase profitability and tackle competition.

"It's not cost-cutting. It's replacing in some cases lower-value human capital with the financial ‌capital and the investment capital we're putting ​in," Winters said on Tuesday.

In his ​memo to staff on ​Wednesday, Winters said the bank had been open ‌that its workforce will evolve.

"Some roles ​will reduce in ​number, some will change, and new opportunities will emerge. We will continue to prioritise investment in reskilling and redeployment wherever ​we can," he ‌said.

"Where changes do happen, we will handle them with ​thought and care," he added.

(Reporting by Selena Li; Editing by ​Sumeet Chatterjee and Alexander Smith)

StanChart CEO seeks to reassure staff over AI-linked job cuts

HONG KONG, May 20 (Reuters) - Standard Chartered CEO Bill Winters sought to assuage staff concerns on Wednesday, a day ‌after saying th...
Man Utd midfielder Toone returns to England squad

Manchester United midfielder Ella Toone has returned to the England squad for the crucial Women's World Cup qualifiers against Spain and Ukraine.

BBC Ella Toone warms up before England's win over China in November

The 26-year-old has not featured for the Lionesses since November because of a hip issue that ruled her out for the second half of the Women's Super League season.

Chelsea defender Lucy Bronze is also included despite missing Saturday's WSL win over United and having been seen wearing a protective boot.

Bronze, 34, has started three of England's four qualifying matches but is a doubt for next week's World Sevens tournament.

Chelsea striker Aggie Beever-Jones and London City Lionesses forward Freya Godfrey, who both missed the last camp through injury, also return.

However, 18-year-old midfielder Erica Meg Parkinson is not included after her surprise call-up in March, while in-form Everton defender Ruby Mace again misses out.

England's 25-player squad travel to Spain on 5 June (20:00 BST), before hosting Ukraine at Everton's Hill Dickinson Stadium on 9 June (20:00).

Advertisement

The Lionesses currently sit top of their qualifying group with four wins from four matches, including avital 1-0 victory over Spainat Wembley in April.

Should England win their remaining two matches, they will automatically qualify for next year's World Cup in Brazil and avoid the play-off route.

Full England squad

Goalkeepers: Hannah Hampton (Chelsea), Anna Moorhouse (Orlando Pride), Ellie Roebuck (Aston Villa)

Defenders: Lucy Bronze (Chelsea), Jess Carter (Gotham), Niamh Charles (Chelsea), Alex Greenwood (Manchester City), Lotte Wubben-Moy (Arsenal), Maya Le Tissier (Manchester United), Esme Morgan (Washington Spirit), Taylor Hinds (Arsenal), Leah Williamson (Arsenal).

Midfielders: Laura Blindkilde Brown (Manchester City), Lucia Kendall (Aston Villa), Jess Park (Manchester United), Georgia Stanway (Bayern Munich), Ella Toone (Manchester United), Keira Walsh (Chelsea).

Forwards: Aggie Beever-Jones (Chelsea), Chloe Kelly (Arsenal), Lauren James (Chelsea), Alessia Russo (Arsenal), Lauren Hemp (Manchester City), Freya Godfrey (London City Lionesses), Jess Park (Manchester United), Beth Mead (Arsenal).

Head here to get involved

Man Utd midfielder Toone returns to England squad

Manchester United midfielder Ella Toone has returned to the England squad for the crucial Women's World Cup qualifiers against Spai...
Win probabilities for every Colts game on 2026 NFL schedule

On paper, anyway, theIndianapolis Coltshave one of the easier schedules in football for this 2026 NFL season.

USA TODAY

For starters, theColtswill play just four playoff teams from the 2025 season. Based on their opponents' projected win totals, the Colts' strength of scheduleranks ninthin the NFL.

ESPN's analytics have the Colts with the sixth-easiest schedule in the league.

Advertisement

However, will that translate to wins? Perhaps not enough, with ESPN's projected win total for the Colts sitting at 8.5.

Mike Clay recentlywent game-by-game, sharing the win-probability projections for the Colts. In only seven of these matchups is the Colts' win probability greater than 50%.

These probabilities also highlight the very difficult start to the season that the Colts face.

Colts' 2026 win probabilities for each game

  • Week 1: vs. Baltimore: 39%

  • Week 2: at Kansas City: 31%

  • Week 3: vs. Houston: 49%

  • Week 4: at Washington (London): 58%

  • Week 5: at Pittsburgh: 40%

  • Week 6: vs. Tennessee: 76%

  • Week 7: at Minnesota: 48%

  • Week 8: at Jacksonville: 38%

  • Week 9: vs. Dallas: 43%

  • Week 10: vs. Miami: 87%

  • Week 11: at Houston: 34%

  • Week 12: vs. New York Giants: 60%

  • Week 13: BYE

  • Week 14: at Philadelphia: 26%

  • Week 15: at Tennessee: 63%

  • Week 16: vs. Cincinnati: 47%

  • Week 17: at Cleveland: 57%

  • Week 18: vs. Jacksonville: 53%

This article originally appeared on Colts Wire:2026 NFL schedule: Colts' game-by-game win probabilities

Win probabilities for every Colts game on 2026 NFL schedule

On paper, anyway, theIndianapolis Coltshave one of the easier schedules in football for this 2026 NFL season. For starters, theCo...
WHO chief concerned at speed and scale of Ebola outbreak as cases rise

GENEVA, May 19 (Reuters) - The head of the ‌World Health Organization ‌on Tuesday expressed concern at ​the speed and scale of the Ebola outbreak, as number of ‌cases rises.

Reuters

There ⁠are at least 500 suspected cases ⁠and 130 suspected deaths from Ebola since ​the new ​outbreak ​began, WHO ‌Director General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said.

Advertisement

That is in addition to one confirmed death and one ‌confirmed case in ​Kampala, Uganda, ​and ​30 cases being confirmed ‌in the Democratic ​Republic of ​Congo, from the northeastern province of Ituri, ​he ‌said.

(Reporting by Olivia ​Le Poidevin, Editing by ​Linda Pasquini)

WHO chief concerned at speed and scale of Ebola outbreak as cases rise

GENEVA, May 19 (Reuters) - The head of the ‌World Health Organization ‌on Tuesday expressed concern at ​the speed and scale of the Ebol...
Blanche will face questions from lawmakers over a nearly $1.8B fund to compensate Trump allies

WASHINGTON (AP) — Acting Attorney General Todd Blanche will appear on Capitol Hill Tuesday for his first congressional testimony since taking the reins at the Justice Department as the law enforcement agency faces intense scrutiny over its plans to create a$1.776 billion fund to pay allies of the Republican presidentwho believe they were targeted politically.

Associated Press Acting Attorney General Todd Blanche attends the 45th Annual National Peace Officers' Memorial Service at the U.S. Capitol, Friday, May 15, 2026, in Washington. (AP Photo/Alex Brandon) Acting Attorney General Todd Blanche announces that former FBI Director James Comey has been indicted, at the Justice Department in Washington, Tuesday, April 28, 2026. (AP Photo/Cliff Owen)

Vance Police Week

Blanche's testimony before a Senate appropriations subcommittee follows Monday's announcement about the creation of the “Anti-Weaponization Fund,” which critics decried as an illegal abuse of power designed to line the pockets of Trump supporters with taxpayer dollars.

In the weeks sinceassuming control of the Justice Department, Blanche has moved aggressively to advance the president's priorities —pushing forward casesagainst Trump's political foes, cracking down on leaks to media outlets and establishing the new fund to compensate those who believe they were mistreated by the Biden administration Justice Department.

Tuesday’s hearing is meant to address the Trump administration's budget request for the Justice Department but is likely to delve into other controversies that have escalated concerns about theerosion of the law enforcement agency's tradition of independencefrom the White House.

Advertisement

Blanche is expected to face tough questions from lawmakers about the fund designed to resolve Trump's lawsuitagainst the Internal Revenue Serviceover the leak of his tax returns. Nearly 100 Democrats in the House of Representatives signed onto a legal brief urging a judge to block what they described as an unprecedented resolution that they said would unjustly enrich people close to the president and open the door to meritless claims of political persecution.

“Let’s call this what it is: a billion-dollar slush fund for Trump to reward felons, insurrectionists, and cronies, paid for by YOUR taxpayer dollars,” Democratic Sen. Chris Coons, a member of the subcommittee from Delaware, wrote on X. “It’s bad enough that this DOJ believes it works for Donald Trump. Now, it’s giving him its budget to use as his piggy bank.”

Blanche said Monday the fund will allow for people who believe they were targeted for prosecution for political purposes to apply for payouts, creating what he described as “a lawful process for victims of lawfare and weaponization to be heard and seek redress.”

“The machinery of government should never be weaponized against any American, and it is this Department’s intention to make right the wrongs that were previously done while ensuring this never happens again,” Blanche said in a statement.

The fund is a further demonstration of the administration’s eagerness to reward allies who before Trump came to power were investigated and in some cases charged and convicted. Most notably,the president on his first day back in office pardoned or commutedthe sentences of supporters who rioted at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021. His Justice Department since then hasapproved payouts to supporters entangled in the Trump-Russia investigationandinvestigated and prosecuted some of his perceived adversaries.

Blanche will face questions from lawmakers over a nearly $1.8B fund to compensate Trump allies

WASHINGTON (AP) — Acting Attorney General Todd Blanche will appear on Capitol Hill Tuesday for his first congressional testimony since ...

 

SnS MAG © 2015 | Distributed By My Blogger Themes | Designed By Templateism.com